WIN A JEEP RAFFLE
Drawing: May 15, 2016
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. When is the drawing?
The drawing is Sunday, May 15th at 2:30 pm at the Warren Middle School in Warren, NJ.
2. How do I purchase tickets?
You can purchase tickets from a Temple Board member, by visiting the temple office during regular office hours at 104 Mount Horeb Road, Warren, NJ, or by visiting our web site www.templeharshalom.org/winajeep
3. If I buy a ticket on-line, how will I get my stub?
When you purchase your ticket through PayPal, or mail in a check, the Win A Jeep committee is notified. The committee will fill out a raffle ticket on behalf of the purchaser and the name of the purchaser is also written on the entrants retained portion. The ticket is then scanned to create an electronic record and the scan is attached in an e-mail and sent to the purchaser.
If the purchaser wants to pick-up their actual raffle stub, they may do so at the Temple office Monday through Friday during business hours. The raffle entry is then placed in a locked box until the drawing on Sunday, May 15th!
4. Do I need to be present to win?
5. How will the winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by phone based on the contact information provided when the raffle ticket was sold.
6. Do I have to be a New Jersey resident to enter the raffle?
7. Can I take cash instead of the car if I win the raffle?
8. What about taxes?
The winner is responsible to pay Federal and State income taxes based on the value of the car and their home state.
9. Can I pick the color of the Jeep that I would like?
10. Is the cost of the raffle ticket tax deductible?
No, the IRS does not allow raffle tickets to be a tax deductible contribution unless it is characterized as a gambling loss.
11. How many raffle tickets can I buy?
You may buy as many tickets as you want understanding that only 750 tickets will be sold!
12. What are my odds of winning?
Only 750 tickets are being sold so for each ticket, the odds are 1 in 750.