Sixth Grade Year:
- B’nai Mitzvah Mitzvah Project planning
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Retreat
- Tallit Making Workshop
- Family ushers at a B’nai Mitzvah occasion
Eight Months Before:
- Start weekly meetings with Rabbi Musnitsky to review and reinforce all necessary Shabbat blessings and prayers during “Prayer Prep”.
Six Months Before:
- Begin weekly meetings with Cantor Berman.
- All financial matters current with Temple Bookkeeper
Three Months Before:
- D’var Torah Meeting: Bar/Bat Mitzvah student and parent(s) will meet with Rabbi Musnitsky to be introduced to the Torah and Haftorah
and discuss the D’var Torah preparation and honors sheet
One and a Half Months Before:
- Email your speech to Rabbi Musnitsky for review at email@example.com
- Arrange with the Temple Office Manager a time to take photographs in the Sanctuary
Two or Three Weeks Before:
- Bimah practice with Cantor Berman. Cantor will meet with your child in the Sanctuary on the Bimah to practice the Hebrew prayers.
You are welcome to join your child for this meeting
- Cantor Berman will bring the Bar/Bat Mitzvah child/children to the Bimah to chant from the Torah and Haftarah.
- Provide the Temple Office Manager with your Event Details form in order for us to be prepared for your Simcha
Week of Bar/Bat Mitzvah Celebration:
- Full Rehearsal with Rabbi Musnitsky. This is for the Bar/Bat Mitzvah child and his/her immediate family.
Please make sure that you bring your completed honors list and parents prayer when you come for this appointment.
Day of Bar/Bat Mitzvah Celebration:
- Arrive at least one-half hour before your service time.
These are guidelines and may vary depending on circumstances. All scheduling of Rabbi and Cantor appointments is done through the Temple Office Manager.